Kathleen L. DeLand
Katie joined GSP, DMGS' predecessor, in 2007 and brings both state and federal experience to the team. As a graduate of The Ohio State University, Katie worked in both the United States House of Representatives and the Ohio House of Representatives. She specialized in areas surrounding economic development, workforce training, business expansion and rural initiatives.
Katie's experience includes the following:
Legislative Aide to Representative Keith Faber, Ohio House of Representatives, Columbus, OH
- Coordinated annual Economic Development Summit engaging business leaders, elected officials and state agency representatives throughout a seven-county area to discuss business expansion and incentive programs
- Attended House committee meetings, gave legislative updates and conducted briefings with district-elected officials
- Wrote and created speeches, press releases, newsletters, mailings and constituent responses
Legislative Intern/Page to Congressman John Boehner, U.S. House of Representatives, Washington, DC
- Distributed inter-office communications for entire Republican House delegation
- Assisted with media correspondence and legislative updates
Katie received a B.A. in English and Business Writing from The Ohio State University.